How do I get rid of shrews and voles?
How to Get Rid of Shrews
- Place shrew-hospitable shelters away from your garden area.
- Rake up leaves and foliage. …
- Move all brick and firewood stacks into your garage.
- Mow your lawn on a regular basis (shrews are attracted to tall grass.)
- Clear away overgrown shrubs and low-hanging tree limbs.
What kills Moles and voles?
Killing moles can be done either by traps or baits. Both scissor-type and harpoon-type traps are available in most garden centers. To use these, locate active runs by tamping down tunnels and then watching to see where the tunnels are raised back up a day or two later. These are good spots to insert traps.
What is the fastest way to get rid of moles in your yard?
Fastest way to get rid of moles
- Mole trap: A mole-specific trap is considered the most effective way to get rid of moles. …
- Baits: Moles feed upon earthworms and grubs. …
- Remove the food for moles: Moles feed on various garden insects, such as earthworms, crickets, and grubs.
Do coffee grounds repel voles?
Although it is a debated subject, coffee grounds do appear to repel voles in the lawn. Sprinkle some around vole holes in the yard, and watch for any results.
How do I keep voles out of my garden?
Voles like living in mulch, leaf and grass piles, and tall ground covers. Lawns should be mowed regularly. To keep voles out of the garden, do not mulch close to trees, keep mulch around shrubs to a minimum, and pick up unturned piles of leaves and lawn clippings from around the yard.
Do sonic repellers work on voles?
Ultrasonic repellents emit pulses that irritate voles. … Each of these repellents claim to cover an average area of 6,000 to more than 7,000 square feet. During most of our research, ultrasonic repellers don’t work for voles.